When: The Second Saturday of each month
January 13, 2018
February 10, 2018
March 10, 2018
April 14, 2018
May 12, 2018
June 9, 2018
July 14, 2018
September 8, 2018
October 13, 2018
November 10, 2018
Registration: 9:00 a.m. –9:30 a.m.
Workshop: 9:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Each workshop will consist of 3-4 speakers and will vary for each workshop.
The presentations may include:
9:30-10:30 a.m. – Legal Issues
Presented by a family law attorney
- The divorce process and legal fees
- Protecting yourself legally and financially
- Child custody; child and spousal support
- How to avoid court
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45-11:30 a.m. – Financial Issues
Presented by a financial advisor
- Preparing for divorce
- Dividing property
- Tax consequences of divorce
11:30 – 12:15 a.m. – Estate Planning
Presented by a wills, trust & estate attorney
- Estate planning post-divorce
12:15-12:30 p.m. – Break
12:30 – 1:00 p.m. – Family Issues
Presented by a family counselor
- Dealing with a hostile spouse
- Helping your family cope with the stress of divorce
- Parental alienation
Presentations may vary for each workshop.
Other Possible Presenters
- How to get back in the workforce
- What training is available?
- How do I refinance or buy a home after a divorce?