When: The Second Saturday of each month
January 11, 2020
February 8, 2020
March 14, 2020
April 18, 2020
May 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
July 11, 2020
August – no workshop
September 12, 2020
October 10, 2020
November 14, 2020
December – no workshop
Registration: 9:00 a.m. –9:30 a.m.
Workshop: 9:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Each workshop will consist of two-three speakers; topics will vary for each workshop.
Workshop presentations may include:
Presented by a family law attorney
- The divorce process
- Dividing property – equitable distribution
- Child and spousal support; child custody
- How to avoid court
- The implications of the new tax law regarding spousal support
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Break
Presented by a financial advisor
- Preparing financially for divorce and beyond
- Pensions and retirement plans
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Estate planning documents
Presentations and speakers may vary for each workshop.