When: The Second Saturday of each month
January 12, 2019
February 9, 2019
March 9, 2019
April 13, 2019
May – no workshop
June 8, 2019
July 13, 2019
August – no workshop
September 14, 2019
October 12, 2019
November 9, 2019
December – no workshop
Registration: 9:00 a.m. –9:30 a.m.
Workshop: 9:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Each workshop will consist of two-three speakers and topics will vary for each workshop.
Workshop presentations may include:
Presented by a family law attorney
- The divorce process and legal fees
- Protecting yourself legally and financially
- Child custody; child and spousal support
- How to avoid court
- The implications of the new tax law regarding spousal support
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Break
Presented by a financial advisor
- Preparing financially for divorce
- Dividing property
- Tax consequences of divorce
Presented by an estate planning attorney
- Estate planning post-divorce
- When to change beneficiaries
12-12:15 p.m. – Break
Presented by a family counselor
- Dealing with a hostile spouse
- Helping your family cope with the stress of divorce
- Parental alienation
Presentations may vary for each workshop.
Other Possible Presenters
- How to get back in the workforce
- What training is available?
- How do I refinance or buy a home after a divorce?
- How to clean up my credit
- Computer/mobile devices Forensics
- Protecting your Assets
- Business Valuations
- What NOT to do on Social Media