When: The Second Saturday of each month
January 13, 2018
February 10, 2018
March 10, 2018
April 14, 2018
May 12, 2018
June 9, 2018
July 14, 2018
September 8, 2018
October 13, 2018
November 10, 2018
Registration: 9:00 a.m. –9:30 a.m.
Workshop: 9:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Each workshop will consist of three speakers and will vary for each workshop.
Workshop presentations may include:
Presented by a family law attorney
- The divorce process and legal fees
- Protecting yourself legally and financially
- Child custody; child and spousal support
- How to avoid court
- The implications of the new tax law regarding spousal support
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Break
Presented by a financial advisor
- Preparing financially for divorce
- Dividing property
- Tax consequences of divorce
Presented by an estate planning attorney
- Estate planning post-divorce
- When to change beneficiaries
12-12:15 p.m. – Break
Presented by a family counselor
- Dealing with a hostile spouse
- Helping your family cope with the stress of divorce
- Parental alienation
Presentations may vary for each workshop.
Other Possible Presenters
- How to get back in the workforce
- What training is available?
- How do I refinance or buy a home after a divorce?
- How to clean up my credit
- Computer/mobile devices Forensics
- Protecting your Assets
- Business Valuations
- What NOT to do on Social Media